Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend a motor speed control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalemate

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello ,
can somebody help me if they know any motor speed control circuits and any oter techniques for
doing the same
regards
stalemate

Re: motor speed control

May i know what kind of Motor you use? Like standard DC motor, Stepper, or maybe Servo?

motor speed control

* if you r using simple dc motor then u can do the following : -

1) simple but inefficient method: connect it in series with a variac

2) PWM : i.e. giving it pulses
e.g. consider a motor is connected to dc supply of 5v
suppose we give pulses of say 5ms followed by a gap of 5ms then effectively we are giving the motor 2.5v continuous dc supply
suppose we give pulse of 7ms followed by a gap of 3ms then we are giving an effective dc supply of 3.5v

this can be implemented using a 555 timer or maybe also using counters with some ckt.

* in case of stepper motor u can easily control the pulses to get desired speed/position

to alvarorahul..Re: motor speed control

hi rooftop.,,
iam sorry abt that the motor is a dc motor ...
hi alvarorahul..
the ideas oyu gave were helpful .may i know more bt thee following method---
"2) PWM : i.e. giving it pulses
e.g. consider a motor is connected to dc supply of 5v
suppose we give pulses of say 5ms followed by a gap of 5ms then effectively we are giving the motor 2.5v continuous dc supply
suppose we give pulse of 7ms followed by a gap of 3ms then we are giving an effective dc supply of 3.5v "

Re: motor speed control

PWM (Pulse Width Modulation), the advantages of this tecnique is that you can control the speed of motor digitally.
Usually we used to give the motor higher voltage right to make it spin faster, you can also using potentiometer to control the current. But with PWM, it's little different.
If you using 5 volt continously it will be the same with using 12V using about 10% duty cycle...
Duty cycle simply is the ratio time to turn-on the motor and time to turn -off the motor.
Example, the output of your output will be like this:
-______-_______-_______-_______

if you want to make you faster then just give output like this:

------___------___-------___-------___

Is it clear now? You can use L298 for better application.
Best regards :)

motor speed control

good job
i need it too

motor speed control

is there any source code PWM for at89c2051 and L293D ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back