Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led dot matrix with 5mm led 100x100

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasicr

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
led matrix 100x100

I whont construct led display with 100x100 5 mm led one color for viewing massage. Please I need basic information how can I start
Best Regards

100 x 100 led matrix

To implement a 10x10 LED display is not much of an issue for a uC, but 100x100 is just unthinkable for a single chip uC. I'd split the matrix into smaller and easier to manage chunks. I would prefer to use FPGAs for this task, but a bunch of good uCs would do too. Take a look at the XCELL Journal, issue 51, page 10.
They can give you an idea on how they did it for the Times Square outdoor LED display.

I hope it helps.

pasicr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
5mm led matrix

yego,

Times square sign is a very difficult example for him. I prefer he searches this forum for the (LED Display) topic. There's a very good bundle of infos there.

pasicr

10x10 led matrix

look at this forum

and use search

pasicr

programmable logic device led dot matrix

Please Yego can you send me XCELL Journal, issue 51, page 10
and with microcontroller can I use for example.

Added after 9 minutes:

I do not expect use one Ic for my example probablly one microcontroller and many shift registers is needed,
thanks

matrix 100x100

You can get the pdf version of the issue 51 here: **broken link removed** .
There are more interesting issues if you are interested in programmable logic.
Instead of using discrete processors and lots of shift registers, and other digital glue, you can stuff all that junk in a single FPGA device to handle some signifficant part of your display. Take a look at page #10 and see if it makes any sense to you. If you don't like the idea, you can always use discrete uCs and shift registers. It will cost you more and will be more complicated, still, when you split your display into manageable chunks, even a simple 89C2051s can handle the task if they work together.
Any processor will probably do if you design your software wisely.
Hope it helps.

100x100 led matrix

Thank you again Yego, this is a very good informations for me,

led 100x100

look at this forum

10x10 led dot matrix

pasicr said:
.... I do not expect use one Ic for my example probablly one microcontroller and many shift registers is needed,
thanks

still it might not be fast enough to use only one mcu to scan 100 leds, like yego said u better be use chunks/modules, for example like in GLCD uses they have multiple modules and a central control

regards

hello sir im also interseted in100x100 led display pls cud u send me some shematics & circuit diagram.....

zasto said:
v_la

Why are you resurrecting posts more than 4 years old with the same question?

so what else u suggest i m trying to find somthing which cud be useful sir........

In topic:
I've attached the basic circuits how to make a moving message of 8 bits height.

Very similar circuit was used for a customer who wanted 20m long by 0.9m high display (40.000+ LEDs)

If you have no idea how to cascade the "4094 MMSg.pdf" blocks and how to stack them, you should consider yourself an electronic illiterate. Sorry if I offended you, but that's life, you have to learn.

zasto said:
In topic:
I've attached the basic circuits how to make a moving message of 8 bits height.

Very similar circuit was used for a customer who wanted 20m long by 0.9m high display (40.000+ LEDs)

If you have no idea how to cascade the "4094 MMSg.pdf" blocks and how to stack them, you should consider yourself an electronic illiterate. Sorry if I offended you, but that's life, you have to learn.

sir thanq for remainding my position but i m trying to put some efforts to improve my knowledge well thanqs again for ur suggestion's
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back