Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anybody working on WiMax (OFDMA) frame structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTdl

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wimax frame structure

Anybody working on WiMax frame structure? I want to build a fram with FUSC and PUSC but the standard IEEE 80.16e is not giving the complete structure of how the frame is built and how the subchannels are allocated to users?

From standard I have few doubts -
what exactly a burst represents?
what are clusters and tiles?

If anybody has implemented these things please help.

ofdma frame

plz check IEEE Std 802.16-2004 (Revision of IEEE Std 802.16-2001) ,it shows the OFDMA frame structrue.

wimax ofdm frame structure

you can go through this link "http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802"

here you go for 802.11-b/g ,and in it's physical layer description, you got hte ofdma frame structure

wimax ofdma frame structure

IEEE 802.16e standard (specific to mobile) is going through amendments. I am trying to implement FUSC for downlink and PUSC for uplink. The definitions of burst, clusters, tiles is exactly mentioned in the standard. But how multiusers are allocated is not given. You need to study some other related material, may be.

In PUSC downlink the subcarriers per subchannel is 24. But if you see, the basic unit data allocation is a slot and for DL pusc has two symbols so per subchannel there are effectively 48 subcarriers. This is same for FUSC and UL PUSC.

iTdl

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello Colleagues,

I see a relationship between this question and mine so I'm posting it here. (although this is 5yrs old already!)
Could anyone please provide a clarification on the difference between Subcarrier permutation and Subcarrier allocation in WiMAX OFDMA.These terms are often confuse me.

Are they used to mean same thing or different. Sometimes too, Resource Allocation and Scheduling are used interchangeably in some literature while some differentiate. What's really correct?

The first part of this question is really important to me. Thankx.

Status
Not open for further replies.