Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sinewave to square wave converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastronics

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im designing a circuit that will produce a clock (square wave) from DDS output which is a sine wave. I need a comparator that will handle a frequency of 1KHz to 300Mhz. I trying to make a zero crossing detector. The input for the comparator will be from a hifrequency trnsformer.

can anyone help me find a comparator for this?

supply +/-3.3V
toggle rate of up to 500MHz.
rise time and fall time of <1ns

thnx
8O

There are several ECL output comparators. They are frequently made by the same companies that make the ECL logic. Another idea is to use ECL line receivers. Put the several of them in an IC package in tandem. This should square up the sine wave. Another idea is to operate the sine wave at twice the frequency you want and put into a divide by 2 frequency divider as sold by many sources.

What are the voltage levels of the DDS o/p ??

Status
Not open for further replies.