Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parallel port error initializing program, please check IO.dll file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooftop

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, i have some problem here hope someone can help me.

I want to write my uc via parallel port but when i execute the program it keeps error and says something about IO.DLL

The msg is:"Error Initializing program, please check IO.dll file"

I use Windows XP as my OS

Please tell me how to repair this :)

Thanks a lot for your help

Parallel port error

What program are you executing?
WinXP has nothing called IO.DLL. Did you install some sort of port access driver?

Re: Parallel port error

Hi , you can use USERPORT ,

UserPort.SYS is a kernel mode driver for Windows NT/2000 that gives usermode programs access to I/O
Ports. This makes it possible to access hardware directly from a normal executable in the same way as under
Windows 95/98/ME. This driver does not work on Windows 95/98/ME and there is really no need to run it
anyway because I/O ports are always granted to usermode programs on these operating systems.
The driver can be used for the following purposes:
• To run software on Windows NT/2000 that normally only runs on Windows 95/98/ME.
• To easily access hardware like the parallel port and other I/O ports.

enjoy it ...

The msg is:"Error Initializing program, please check IO.dll file"

The IO.dll may be unregistered in your PC or the DLL file is missing. If your PC BIOS does not support ECP mode (bi-directional), then it also causes such as problem. You may check it at BIOS setup > parellel port.

Visit www.geocities.com/bagtool/parallel_access.html
I just find it and the website may provide the info that you need in the parallel port
interfacing.

mike :D

Parallel port error

I use that program in my internet coin program (posted recently). The io.dll is a free dll to be able to use the ports on XP, very neat and handy.
The problem is that the program is looking for that dll , you can just download it from the internet (just google it) ans save it in the same folder of the program or the windows/system32 folder.
I'm not expert in software so I don't know if is the right way or not but it worked for me.

why don't you try inpout32.dll

This comes free from **broken link removed** with source code and explanation how it works as well.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.