Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Frequency Dividers

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sine wave input to a flip flop

How do i Divide the Frequency?

If i take my function generator output 1K hz what circuit can i build to divide this frequency down or UP?

Oscillators frequencys outputs 440hz how do i divide the oscillators frequency down or UP?

convert sine wave to cml

You can divide using a digital counter type circuit. You can multiply by using a PLL with a divider in the feedback loop.

dividing sine wave frequency

Another possible method is to use a band-pass filter to extract one harmonic of your input signal. For example, if your input is a 1 kHz square wave, a 3 kHz band-pass filter would pass only the third harmonic, giving you a 3 kHz sinewave.

cml divider square wave input

Yes i want to use Sine Wave inputs that divide the Sine wave frequency
what circuit would do this?
To divide the Frequency of Sine Waves?

Are Oscillators Frequencys Sine waves?

How do divide the oscillators sine wave frequencys?

analog frequency dividers

well a picture worth thousand words

it's a divider design which is pretty self-explanatory. One can choose between division by 1, 10 or 100 or no output (tied low) using the CONTROL input connected to the analog multiplexer HC4052. AC04are used to drive 3 indication LEDs as well as to buffer the signal. A single HC390 includes 2 divider by 2 and 5 which can be combined as 2 dividers by 10.

Is that circuit mostly for Square waves only or pwm wave forums ?

Or can i use a Sine Wave input also? will it divide the sine wave?

Two ways:
1. You can use CML circuit to divide sine wave signal.
2. Reshape sine wave signal to square wave then divide it with digital counters.

Whats a CML circuit?

What is CML mean?

CML means Current Mode Logic. It can divide sine wave signal.

usually a high divide-by-two circuit is in CML logic
the basic cell is TFF(toggke flip-flop)
there are many paper in IEEE in this topic
the highest CML frequency divider already reach +100GHz

If no cost consideration, any of the following is an option:
1.CML circuit;
2.convert sine wave to squarewave, then divided digitally, then convert the square wave back to sine wave;
3.use a PLL;

How do i put a Sine wave 1Khz input in a PLL circuit with a output thats half the
frequency?

How do i put a Sine wave 1Khz input in a CML circuit with a output thats half the
frequency?

I'm new to this PLL and CML circuit never worked or built them how do i start this
are PLL and CML in a Digital circuit book because i can't find any PLL or CML circuit in any of my analog or digiatl books where do i start please?

walters said:
How do i put a Sine wave 1Khz input in a PLL circuit with a output thats half the
frequency?

How do i put a Sine wave 1Khz input in a CML circuit with a output thats half the
frequency?

I'm new to this PLL and CML circuit never worked or built them how do i start this
are PLL and CML in a Digital circuit book because i can't find any PLL or CML circuit in any of my analog or digiatl books where do i start please?

1. You can't get divided frequency signal at PLL output! You can only get multiple frequency of the input frequency, Fout=N*Fin.
2. Input 1KHz sine wave to CML DFF, output 0.5KHz sine wave.
3. Search CML DFF on internet!

How does the PLL circuit Divide the frequency Digitally or analog ?
Whats kind of PLL circuit does this?

How does the CML circuit Divide the frequency Digitally or analog ?
Whats kind of CML circuit does this?

A flip flop (bistable multivibrator) divides by two, and was commonly used in old electronic organs.

Yes i want to use Sine Wave inputs that divide the Sine wave frequency
what circuit would do this?
To divide the Frequency of Sine Waves?

Are Oscillators Frequencys Sine waves?

How do divide the oscillators sine wave frequencys?

Block diagram:

Sine wave>>>Flip flop>>>divides the freq down>>>Square wave output

A flip flop (bistable multivibrator) divides by two
Most of the Flip flops in my digital book are just switching flip flops i don't
see any Frequency based flip flops

So i put a sine wave in the input of a flip flop and the output of the flip flop with be a Square wave but half of the freqency of the inputs freqency
HOW do i set the Flip flops resistors or capacitors to a FIX Frequency to?

What sets the Flip Flops Freqency?
What sets the Flip Flop to Divided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back