Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus and COFF File

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus и coff

I am simulating my sourcecode using Proteus and my sourcecode's COFF file, I noticed that for sometimes or most of the time, proteus stops simulating and says a BREAKPOINT is reached eventhough I am not putting any breakpoint into my sourcecode, anybody has encountered this, or what is the meaning of this?

I noticed also when that occurs and I use my sourcecode's hex file instead of the COFF file, the microcontroller runs but very unstable, sometimes crashes or reboots in the simulation.

I am using PIC microcontroller in Proteus and CCS C, could it be that, micro got confused on my sourcecode or another bug in CCS C that cannot handle large programs that occupies about 25% RAM resources and about 8% ROM.

I am using PIC16F876 in proteus but PIC16F876A in CCS, I am not sure if they are really compatible for both.

you chang CSS #include <16F876> head file and you select oscillator if mach wich
16F876

ElecThai said:
you chang CSS #include <16F876> head file and you select oscillator if mach wich
16F876

Can you be concise on your reply?

Some possibilities :

1) A breakpoint exists at assembly level that can't be seen when working at 'C' level - right click on source window and select 'Clear all Breakpoints' or run 'execute without breakpoints' from the debug menu to be sure.
2) You have a watchpoint condition (on the watch window) that is triggering.
3) You have an RTDBREAK hardware breakpoint widget set up.
4) You are running 'execute for specified time' instead of 'execute'.

If none of the above post the design and source and we'll have a look.

Iain.

Iain said:
Some possibilities :

1) A breakpoint exists at assembly level that can't be seen when working at 'C' level - right click on source window and select 'Clear all Breakpoints' or run 'execute without breakpoints' from the debug menu to be sure.
2) You have a watchpoint condition (on the watch window) that is triggering.
3) You have an RTDBREAK hardware breakpoint widget set up.
4) You are running 'execute for specified time' instead of 'execute'.

If none of the above post the design and source and we'll have a look.

Iain.

Where to check those settings?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.