Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how LDPC encoder/decoder works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravind

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ldpc encoder implementation algorithm

hi friends
if anyone works in LDPC encoder/decoder design . or already implement it
can u please share which encoder /decoder algorithm is good fast implement in hardware.
thanks

regards
aravind

pg ldpc

Hi aravind,
some links.. just checkout
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

bit flipping decoding ldpc

Encoding is simple. Decoding is hard. Uses message passing algo. Can give papers if needed.

Salam

My BS project was in LDPC. in some case of LDPC code, encoding is very easy. in this case LDPC code generate by just LFSR(Linear Feedback Shift Register) like cyclic code. In this case some kind of Geometry code (EG and PG) are LDPC.
But decoding ?
LDPC codes have 3 method for decoding.
1- using Majority Logic gate 2- Bit Flipping 3- Belief Propagation or Sum Product(Message Passing).
Method 1 is very easy but not very good performance.
Method 2 is the modest method in complexity and performance.
Method 3 is very complex but very good performance.
I suggest method 2 for hardware implementation.
I have 1 good paper for all 3 method. tell me if u want.

Nice to see delated reply. Useful also.
M_llaa can you please share that paper with us. Let me know did u work on VLSI implementation on it.
Thanks
Aravind

Salam
My BS project was just researching not imlementation but i am familiar with it. then my suggest is Bit Flipping (BF) but i think implementing Belief Propagation (BP) is valuable work, then if u can try it.

itsthetimetodisco said:
Encoding is simple. Decoding is hard. Uses message passing algo. Can give papers if needed.

Could U please share ur references.

Thanks in Advance.

Added after 6 minutes:

m_llaa said:
Salam

My BS project was in LDPC. in some case of LDPC code, encoding is very easy. in this case LDPC code generate by just LFSR(Linear Feedback Shift Register) like cyclic code. In this case some kind of Geometry code (EG and PG) are LDPC.
But decoding ?
1- using Majority Logic gate 2- Bit Flipping 3- Belief Propagation or Sum Product(Message Passing).

How about Modified Min-Sum algorithm or extended Min Sum algorithm for Hardware implementation.It seems their performance is better with a slight increase in complexity of implementation.
Can you share ur code.

Re: bit flipping decoding ldpc

Can you please share your references for encoder/decoder.
Thanks in advance,
Tanmoy

---------- Post added at 07:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

Salam

But decoding ?

Is it possible to share those papers.
Thanks in advance,
Tanmoy

As. SALAM Wa Alkom

Hi M_all

I need the paper for Understanding of Encoder and Decoder of LDPC. As you mentioned in you message (msg given below.)that u have a paper. also if you can send me your BS Project thesis to my understanding in LDPC.
I am waiting for your reply.

But decoding ?

TC
***** HAFFIZ

Naveed

Hi,
Can you please share me the paper you have. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Tanmoy

As. SALAM Wa Alkom

Hi M_all

I need the paper for Understanding of Encoder and Decoder of LDPC. As you mentioned in you message (msg given below.)that u have a paper. also if you can send me your BS Project thesis to my understanding in LDPC.
I am waiting for your reply.

But decoding ?

TC
***** HAFFIZ

Naveed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back