Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help me with my final project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafaiz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am a final year student...i had to make my final year project in this semester....can anybody help me by giving ideas on a very good analog project about analog ic design combined with C++ or microprocessor 8085 programming....

for example designing a chip that may be controlled by a microprocessor or a program that was created by C++ and can be run to control a chip.

i am also expecting a chip that is not so difficult to design with not much transistor

:roll:

how about an actif low pass filter?

Dear wholx,

Of course you can design a programmable filter which can be controlled by your 8085 microprocessor. But why do you want to do that? I mean, how much time do you have for your final year project? Programming in C++ and analog design are fundamentally diverse concepts. And how about fabrication of your filter chip?

i have a year to finish my project...about fabricating i can send to company to fabricate it....it'll take ages to fabricate by my own in my universitiy's fab....so....any good ideas

Well, you can design a programmable filter,with programmable Q and frequency control. Try to design a Active RC or Gm- C filter. You can get the specs anywhere on the web for a filter.

But, I am still curious as to what fab are you referring to. Is it MOSIS where you would send your chip for fab?

nafaiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
no...actually i'm atudying in malaysia....there's some company like SILTERRA and MIMOS that can fabricate chips....all i have to do is send them the design in GDSII... anyway thks for ur idea... any more ideas besides filter :D

Nafaiz,

To design analog IC combines with programming require a lot of time and effort since you need to grasp two difference concepts (IC Design and Programming language). Why not just focus on Analog IC project. You can design a bit more complicated circuits such as 8-bit ADC. You can search a lot of reading materials and journals on the internet. What really matters are your understanding and what you want to do after graduation.

For ADCs project, you can start off with literature studies on Op-Amp, filters, DAC, Comparators and their limitations in ADC circuits. You must also familiar with ADC characteristics such as INL/DNL/Offset error,gain error etc.

When you start to design you will encounter alot of issues and you learn as you do the project.

all the best

how about a digital potentiometers that simplify your mcu task :)

Status
Not open for further replies.