Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

image processing algorithm used in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

naj.cuizon

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to segment top of the image in matlab

can somebody help me in how to use matlab in image processing? i don't know what are the algorithms used in image processing...

have u seen the image processing demos from matlab?
Matlab has an image processing toolbox, and they have listed the algorithms that they have implemented for those.
Have a look at Malab-toolbox--imageprocessing--demos

You need to explaine more about what to want do do, then you can get more help.

naj.cuizon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
haven't seen the image processing toolbox in matlab yet, but i'll be checking it out later... what i wanted to do with matlab was to use it in our project...

here are some details of the project: the gate automatically opens up when it has identified the plate number of the vehicle approaching that has been captured by a camera. the plate number that is identified should match the plate number of the owner of the house...

i really don't know yet where to start with this project and how it goes...but i sure hope you could help me out..

do you think this is easy to do?

I didnt find what you are looking for in the matlab toolbox. What you need is to find OCR algorithm ( OCR stand for Optical Caracter Recogniton ). Search google there are numerous examples.

naj.cuizon

i tried looking in matlab too but then i wasn't able to find what i was looking for...can you suggest then on what i should do?

MATLAB is an ideal tool to do image processing .Images are arrays .And matlab deals with matrices and operations on those .Well arrays are matrices
So get an image processing algorithm book and the sky is the limit .
on top of that MATLAB reads most commun image formats

Cheeers

naj.cuizon

i m sure that u would find image processing tool in matlab 7, but u dont need image processing toolbox for this project i guess.

by the way, what transforms are u planning to use ??

i suggest u to use zig-zag scanning & apply dct ...

wavelet transforms might be useful too.

anyways plz let me know more about ur project ...

naj.cuizon

there is a image processing toolbox in matlab. You can show picture, do LP/HP filtering, enhance edge and so on.

naj.cuizon

V

Your problem is a lot easier because the problem is very restrictive. You don't really need the program to read the plate in general, since it will only need to recognize the exact same plate(s) of the car(s).

You only need to identify and segment the part of the image corresponding to the plate. After applied the appropriate affine transform (rotate, scale) and color adjustment, you can simply use template matching of the read-in car plate with the previouly stored image.

Try

naj.cuizon

Dear naj.cuizon,
I will recommend you to read the book named
"Digital Image Procession Using Matlab by Gonzeles"
This book contains all that one need to learn image processing alogorithms using matlab.

Here i am attaching few tutorial on MATLAB functions and also some sample files containing Inverse Filter and Weiner Filter and also lots of different filtering Examples i hope you will find it precious.

But again i will recommend you to get the above mentioned book.

Sincerely,

Re: ocr in matlab

i m final yr student in engineering.i m working on ocr project. i need some source code of ocr in matlab.
i m sure that u'll guide me....

Hi. I need plate recognize matlab code.. Can anyone send me them ?

we have used fourier enhancement method to enhance a fingerprint image and we have obtained a white image (final.jpeg),if some one can help us :

A = imread('images/fp1.png');

fourier = @(block_struct) fft2(block_struct);
B = blkproc(A,[32 32],fourier);

k=0.45;

scaling = @(x) ((abs(x))^k);

for i= 1:512
Z(i,:)=arrayfun(scaling,B(i,:));
end

for i= 1:512
for j= 1:512
V(i,j)=Z(i,j)*B(i,j);
end