Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP - "name too long" errors in Cadence Export Ph

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadrjr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using PSD 15.0 on an Concept/Allegro "Reference Design" ,which
obviously SHOULD work but doesn't ...

When I try to Export Physical to Allegro, Netrev gives me the following error (many times) ...

It looks as if my configuration is constrained to a Part Name of 31 characters ? I have set Part Type Length to 50 in Setup.

Anybody got any ideas ?

RJR.

------ Oversights/Warnings/Errors ------

#1 ERROR(302) Device library error detected.

Problems with the name of device 'TE
ST_POINT_THRU_HOLE-51-0184-001': 'name too long'.

Device 'TEST_POINT_THRU_HOLE-51-0184-00' has library errors. Unable to transfer to
Allegro.

....... etc.

Re: HELP - "name too long" errors in Cadence Expor

This is normal with Allegro. Even when you use Orcad capture with Allegro if
you have long names it creats problems. Obviously you should rename your device.
This is way too long for a name!

Regards,

Majnoon

Re: HELP - "name too long" errors in Cadence Expor

Friend, all the I can infer from the error message is that, the library part has not been created correctly. Check this from the part developer. This error should have been detected while packaging the library part itself, during the part creation stage. Open the part using the part developer and try saving it or Run a DRC check on the package or library part which you have created. One more guess is that the part table file would would not correct also...please check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back