Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is scaling (or scale?) factor(wspó³czynnik skalowania)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielek

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i'd like some info about scale/scaling factor (i'm not sure if i translated it correctly into english, in polish it's "wspó³czynnik skalowania"). Thanks in advance.

Re: What is scaling (or scale?) factor(wspó³czynnik skalowan

first of all i am not getting ur question.IN what context u r asking. sometimees scaling factor does not affect our parameters in our final calculation.

Re: What is scaling (or scale?) factor(wspó³czynnik skalowan

Scaling in CMOS is reducing the dimensions of transistor from one technology to other due to this there are changes in behaviour of transistors like improved timing and reduced power but there are DSM effects like Narrow channel and short channel effects
there are two types of scaling
1) Constant Voltage Scaling - voltage is constant and all other factors like Physical parameters are scaled by factor of S where S > 1
2)Constant Field Scaling - Transconductance is constant ,i.e,internal electric field is kept constant and the dimensions are scaled down by a factor of S .to acheive this all the potential must scale down proportionatily. It affects threshold voltage VT0 .

Status
Not open for further replies.