Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing Single contact relay with Spartan 3 FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gold_kiss

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
single contact relay

Hi all,
I need circuit schematic for interfacing single contact Relay with my spartan 3 FPGA board. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Gold_kiss

fpga + output + interfacing

Some relays can be connected directly to an FPGA with no additional circuitry.
Please tell us more about your relay so that we can understand you problem.

fpga controlled relay circuit

Why don't you use a solid-state relay? They usually have a common light-emission diode on the input. You can drive it by logic output of your device through a resistor, connected serially.
An example of schematics, you are looking for, is there:
http://discovercircuits.com/PDF-FILES/lowssr2.pdf

interfacing with a relay

Basically I want to interface Single contact 12V relay with the Spartan 3 FPGA. This is a low cost relay.

Thanks,
Gold_kiss

sigle contact relay

how about a circuit below ?
usually it works well for not too big loads.
you may need to adjust the 1k0 resistor acording to your transistor parameters and its collector current. A suitable transistor example may be the 2N2222, but pay attention to its top collector current.
The 1N4148 clamp diode can be almost any type you have at hand. It protects the transistor against the reverse current induced in the relay coil when the transistor driver is turned off.
regards, yego

3 contact relay

you should use a transistor to isolate your relay and fpga for any damage

to fpga. the transistor is drived by fpga output, but the transistor's

output drive the relay, between relay coil's two ends,

there should be a reverse biased diode in parallel.

best regards

gold_kiss said:
Hi all,
I need circuit schematic for interfacing single contact Relay with my spartan 3 FPGA board. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Gold_kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back