Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem making files (problem with file linking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trend

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sorry.. I bet the filename is totally wrong.. but that is really the reason i caannot search for this on google.. as i don't know what it is called...

I had winavr and some of my programs installed on my old computer.. then reformated, and just got winavr back installed...
I installed to:

C:\winavr\
and my projects are under:
C:\winavr\mine\

but now the issue is... I am having to link all files the longgg way.. such as:

Code:
#include <../../avr/include/avr/io.h>   //included so we can use the text label for ports, pins etc. 
#include <../../avr/include/avr/wdt.h>   //included so we can call the function wdt_disable(); 
#include "../avrlib/timer.h"      // include timer function library (timing, PWM, etc)

where before I could do without the ../../avr/include/avr/ and just do /avr/

How can I tell winavr to do this?

Also, I am trying to recompile some of my old programs.. and (because of the above issue), I don't think everything is working completly right.... like, I try to compile one program and I get:

Code:
../avrlib/timer.h:58:20: global.h: No such file or directory

when.. before the install, this worked all fine..

Any ideas?

thanks!
Lee[/code]

Added after 26 minutes:

np.. got it.. I basically had to setup PATH variables under: start>control panel>system>advanced>environmental variables

added 3 entries I think.. and that was it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back