Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do interface for microprocessor using VHDL or FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: please help me

Please write clearly what exactly ur requirement is!
You have not written which processor and what you
want to intrface it with???

please help me

you mean communicate(protocol) with MPU(R/W ...)?

Yes!
The communication protocol of both processor and peripheral device u want to interface...

Some confusions you may have:
1) Either VHDL or Verilog HDL is just a kind of Hardware Description Language which is used to DESCRIBE your hardware designs. It's not a physical logic device althought you can synthesize your HDL codes to implement a logic device on FPGA or even an ASIC.
2) Theoretically you can describe any logic with HDL, so the most important thing you have to clearify when you want to interface MCU with FPGA/CPLD is the communication protocal between MCU and FPGA/CPLD. In other word, you should have a specification, either a standard one defined by other people/organization or some simple but sufficient one defined by yourself. These kind of specifications usually consists of a group of handshaking signals and their timing. You may find some on peripheral interface chips' datasheet as a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.