Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

real time clock using 16f72

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajeev

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have built a clock with common anode display.i used 32768 crystal to generate exact i second delay.The problem is that when interrupt occurs the display blinks for a small time,but we can see that change.I used 32 khz crystal as the system clock to save battery life.So anyone know how to solve this problem.I wrote the program in hitech c.

dear sanjeev,
please count the number of times the display routine is executed in one second, and the time in milliseconds taken by the display routine to complete. for viewing the display without any flickering its refresh routine should execute atleast > 30 times(every 1or 2 millisec) per second.

murugan

Salam,

I think you have just to increase the display times per second

I read that the eye can't distinguish blinking if it is repeated at least 50 times per second so u must repeat your display at most every 20mS.

Hope that i've helped u

Can you provide circuit diagram of the CLOCK ?

Salam,

I think you have just to increase the display times per second

I read that the eye can't distinguish blinking if it is repeated at least 50 times per second so u must repeat your display at most every 20mS.

Hope that i've helped u

Status
Not open for further replies.