Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Li-Po Battery protection circuitry placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny101

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using Li-po battery as shown in the attachment. It already has a protection circuit, which is wrapped in yellow tape. So to reduce the size of the battery can I put the protection circuitry on my PCB with the rest of circuit and fold the battery terminals?
Would this folding cause any kind of damage to the battery or not?
Also, what is the recommended placement of the protection circuitry, either on your own PCB or on the separate PCB attached to the battery (as they already have)?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Lipo battery.jpg
    Lipo battery.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 53

Hi,

I don't know. You'd need to know where the temperature sensing device is located or if it's external to the battery itself - bearing in mind it'll be useless if on the protection circuitry pcb but separated from the battery. You'd best check. You would think that sensor would be in/on the battery and not on the pcb. This might help, or similar searches:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.