Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do I need to set up in order to generate abstract view in Virtuoso?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javierh.santiago

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings,

I would like to generate the abstract view in order to do the Place and Route autmatically in encounter. However, I am seeing below error when I open the abstract tool with my layout. This error not only appears with my own layout, but also it appears with an inverter layout given by the gpdk library, so my guess is that I am missing to setup something. Wondering if you can provide some help?

ERROR (AB-231): There is no correctly degined default via for layer Cont. Ensure that the technology file includes a fully-defined default via for the layer in question.

Thanks

I would guess your tech file is not properly set.

Thanks, Sam.

As mentioned I am trying to generate the abstract view for an inverter layout, which is already in the library. So, I guess the tool should have the tech file correctly if they provide it, is it correct?

On the other hand, if they do not provide it, is it possible that you can provide a reference in order to see how to do it from scratch?

Regards,
Francisco

Thanks, Sam.

As mentioned I am trying to generate the abstract view for an inverter layout, which is already in the library. So, I guess the tool should have the tech file correctly if they provide it, is it correct?

On the other hand, if they do not provide it, is it possible that you can provide a reference in order to see how to do it from scratch?

Regards,
Francisco

Tech files are something that you get from the foundry, you don't create it yourself. If you are using a commercial technology it should work flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back