Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All Pass Filter Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShayanZulfiqar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,
I am currently working on an all pass filter. I am using 1uF capacitor and 20k pot to vary cut off frequency and the other two resistors are of 1k. I have tried various op amps (tl032, 062,072,082) but nothing is happening. There is no phase shift in the output wave whatsoever. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Yes - do you really expect to get an answer without a circuit diagram?

220px-Active_Allpass_Filter.svg.png

Link to the cct:

https://goo.gl/images/zLo542

Rx= 1k, R= 20k pot, C = 1uF
The cct is working in simulation but not in hardware

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

R is no pot in the circuit.
And if you really installed a pot, then show us how.

Klaus

I have no problems to imagine R as a variable resistor. But all we can say is, the circuit will surely work if build correctly. In other words, if there's a problem in your hardware, it can't be seen in this schematic.

Next step is to reveal the complete test setup. How is the OP supplied, what's the signal source, how do you measure the expected phase shift?

...... but nothing is happening. There is no phase shift in the output wave whatsoever. Any suggestions?

"...nothing is happening"? I can`t believe!
Either you will have a DC voltage at the output or an ac signal or something else...
I think, we can give an anser onlx if you tell us what the input signal is and what you can see at the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.