Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Innovus violates antena rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anklon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My technology.lef file contains metal antenna information. So I was hopping it will handle all the technology rule violation problem.
But after importing .gds in virtuoso , it seems that for many wire, it violates antenna rules ( connects cells with long wire).

How should I setup Innovus to maintain antenna rules during routing ?

Thank you for your time.

Innovus is pretty dumb regarding antenna rules. I have recently worked on a tapeout where it claimed it was antenna clean, but in reality there were 2000 antenna violations. The problem can happen in any wire in any block apparently, but it gets worse if you have partitions (innovus does a bad job when estimating the lengh of the wire that crosses partitions). My advice is too study the violations you got, there usually is a pattern behind. Then try to make innovus avoid/respect the pattern indirectly by enforcing max length/max fanout/max load DRVs.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back