Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the formula of zero and pole in High-pass filter and low-pass filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diego.fan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Suppose I don't know this is low-pass or high-pass filter in advance.
If I don't not use the Av formula with j inside(Because I really think it's complex) to calculate the pole or zero, is there some faster method to know whether this is a zero but not a pole?
新文档 2018-04-21_1.jpg

In my opinion, C should connect to the gate and drain of the same Mos. It should be a miller capacitor. The fp=1/(2*pi*Rout*AvC). Rout=R1//R2, Av is the gain of op. I cannot get the formula of fp in this picture.
May I ask where I make a mistake?
新文档 2018-04-21_2.jpg

Thank you!

There is no way to infer the transfer function except by the analysis of the nodes, grouping and rearranging the equations to take the ratio of Vout from Vin; although laborious, is the way that will give you the most general form from which you can carry out the necessary simplifications, when applicable.

You need to perform the circuit analysis exactly, copying formulas from a similar looking structure (miller capacitor) doesn't help. The present circuit uses an OP, which has ideally zero output impedance and infinite voltage gain. Respectively you get different equations.

The low pass filter circuit is nevertheless simple enough that any analog designer can write down the transfer function without much thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.