Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC: where is my BEMF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link is describing a simplified regenerative braking method, a subset of the available generator operation modes of an inverter.

The question is what you want to achieve. If you just want to recover some energy, the simplified method should work. Synchronizing to the rotor angle is still necessary.

What I want to achieve is: Drive the motor forward while the floating phases generates energy (P=U*I) and recover said energy.

When you say "Synchronizing to the rotor angle is still necessary." I'm still not sure what you mean exactly, do you mean other/better than the synchronizing already provided by the three hall sensors?

When you say "Synchronizing to the rotor angle is still necessary." I'm still not sure what you mean exactly, do you mean other/better than the synchronizing already provided by the three hall sensors?
Hall sensor is fine, but you have initially posted about sensorless BLDC.

I think it's time to put the problem specification explicitly.

Hall sensor is fine, but you have initially posted about sensorless BLDC.

I think it's time to put the problem specification explicitly.

Sorry, the error was mine, I understand what you mean now. I will phrase the problem specification more clearly in a new thread.

Once you have admited this thread was not correctly specified, it will be closed to avoid furhter confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.