Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synplify identify instrumentor......

Status
Not open for further replies.

velu.plg

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to the identify tool. Am just try with simple counter. during synthesis tool throw the below error.
Tool : synplify premier 2018.3

Error: No IICE named 'emulater' can be found
at line 4 of C:/Users/vbalak1x/Downloads/rev_1_identify_1/HighRel.idc. Command was "breakpoints add -iice {emulater} -silent {/always_56/if_58/case_61/counter_self.v:69,11}"
Error: At line 4 while processing "C:/Users/vbalak1x/Downloads/rev_1_identify_1/HighRel.idc"
Generating SRS instrumentation file: C:Users balak1xDownloads
ev_1_identify_1instr_sourcessyn_dics.v
Error: At least one IICE needed for a valid instrumentation.
Error: Could not successfully create instrumented design.
write instrumentation failed
exit status=9

What is the issue?

It apparently can't find the IICE that you have created. Synplify is kind of a pain with regards to paths and folders. I've run into similar problems, although I don't recall the solution. I probably just started over again.

I had a similar type of error while instrumenting design in SOC 11.8. It was that IICE is not found in the given folder path. but on investigating i have found that in your path all folders and sub folder names should not have any space. May be i am wrong but it worked for me when i changed the folder name from ( simple counter ) to (simple_counter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back