Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMU200 Power Out of Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahlj16

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am testing our new GSM design using a CMU200.

It synchronizes quickly and all readings are ok except Power.

I get out of tolerance. I can effect this by changing PCL.

My question is how to understand the plot? The plot shows power in the time domain
but it looks like the unit is out of tolerance at the start (pre-zero) and end of the sweep.

IMG_3472.JPG

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

There are obviously spurious emissions above the specification detected. Either a real problem of your GSM device, or just an unsuitable measurement setup, e.g. receiving environmental RF due to insufficient shielding.

From the picture you posted, it looks that your burst is touching/overlap the (red) specification mask (in few places I see).
There are multiple reasons for doing this, but first that I would check is the path loss settings of the CMU200. Verify the settings for the attenuation loss between CMU200 RF connector and your GSM device antenna connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back