Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ocean output waveform in certain format

Status
Not open for further replies.

monglebest

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to output the waveform in specific format in order to use Matlab/Python for post processing, because I am not that good in aligning format, I want to add comma to output csv format from Ocean script. Does anyone know how to do it in Ocean? Or is there any simple code example in Python or Matlab to read in the ocnPrint data format?

I have find an example to do that for analysis sweep, but it seems interpolation as well.
https://secure.engr.oregonstate.edu/wiki/ams/index.php/Cadence/WritingCadenceOCEANScripts

Another case is how if I have a parametric analysis, the output is not just two dimension array. The Ocean Reference doesn't talk anything about data type etc.
For example, the variable NegPch18MacVthVarWidth below is not two dimension and also the ocnPrint cannot insert comma in the output.

Code:
analysis('dc ?saveOppoint t  ?param "NumFinger"  ?start "3"  ?stop "20"  ?step "1"  )
paramAnalysis("Len_ch18" ?values '(150n 300n 600n) 
paramRun() 

clearAll()                                                                                             
results()                                                                                            
selectResults( 'dc )                                                                              
outputs() 

NegPch18MacVthVarWidth = (- v("M0:vth" ?result "dc")) 

waveformFile = outfile( "pnch_18_mac_VthVsWidth_ParaLength.csv" "a")                                   
ocnPrint(?output waveformFile ?numberNotation 'engineering  ?numSpaces 1 NegPch18MacVthVarWidth )      
close(waveformFile)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back