Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor with low threahold voltage, high Vds voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any transistor I can order which could work at 20V Vds with low threadhold voltage Vgs less than 1.5V, and it has around 300mA output current? Thanks.

Hi,

If I wanted to know this, I´d use the interactive selction guides of manufacturers or distributors.
You can do the same on your own. The benefit is that you see additional informations like availabilitiy, price, package, r_ds_on ...

Almost any distributor and every manufacturer will give you this informations for free.

Klaus

The threshold voltage of a Mosfet is the Vgs voltage that barely turns it on with it conducting only 0.25mA. An IRL540 has a maximum Vds of 100V and a Vgs(th) of 1V to 2V. Some of them need a Vgs of maybe 3V to conduct 300mA and need a Vgs of 4V to conduct 14A. There are some tiny Mosfets that conduct 300mA when Vgs is 1.5V but I don't know their part numbers.

You did not mention a need for a very low gate current then any bipolar 300mA transistor will work. Its base voltage will be about 0.7V.

Status
Not open for further replies.