Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Port for Charging and Load Conenct

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I want to make a device that will connect to other USB device (Camera) via MicroUSB. Now I want to use the same MicroUSB port for the internal Li-Po battery charging. But I need when the load i.e. Camera is connected then there will be no power transfer and only data transfer will be there.

Easy way to use 2 separate MicroUSB for Data and Charging. But I like to use one MicroUSB.

Any advice, if its possible?

Thanks in advance.

This project might be easier if you can get a Y-connector which terminates in the necessary combination of plugs and jacks, size usb or micro-usb. Even so, I can only picture making such a project by means of several tedious chores including:

* clip tiny wires,
* slice & strip insulation from tiny wires,
* apply narrow heat-shrink tubes,
* solder tiny wires,
* etc.

It's easy to make a mistake. You risk ruining a usb port.
And a usb port only supplies 100mA at the start unless your device is able to request more by communicating via a process called enumeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.