Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem related to receiving input from USART (PIC18F8520)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr100lala

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm currently doing the project related to RS-232 signal. For the proteus debuging, the virtual terminal successfully(from the picture included)receive message from the mcu(PIC18F8520) but failed to send any char data towards the mcu. I am confused and I have no idea what had I done wrong in the code so it would be great if there is any help!
(ps, I'm new to proteus and I have only little experience on mcu programming at this level. Also, I'm using 16Mhz external oscillator on the proteus schemtics, I hope these information helps)

Attachments

• t3_8520.zip
    4 KB · Views: 70
  • Capture123.PNG
    Capture123.PNG
    90.6 KB · Views: 90

You want us to tell you what's wrong with your actual code by looking at a picture of a simulation?

the virtual terminal successfully(from the picture included)receive message from the mcu(PIC18F8520) but failed to send any char data towards the mcu.

Regardless of this serial library look weird (it implements a 'while' loop during reception of each byte), it is not clear how you are trying to type or get characters on the PC side. At least in the way I used it, you should install a virtual serial port emulator on the computer (eg VSPE), so that you can link the COMPIM object to that port just 'created' (any new COMn you'll see on Windows device manager), for which you can interface with any terminal, such as the Realterm for example. There are video tutorials on Youtube explaining these steps, so it is advisable you have a look there.

I have little experience on this field(and the two software too), so I just wanna provide as much detail as possible. I really don't know what did I do wrong.

thank you for the advise, I will take a look at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.