Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design has 600 macros, How will you start the macro placement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahubalisd

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

answer to this question please..

Pay me 300k USD per year and I will tell you. This is the type of problem that the seniormost ASIC engineer of the group will tackle. Unless there is some regularity in the macros, you have to handplace them all. Automated solutions are awful.

my personal experience has been mentor's Oasys has an awesome auto macro placement which has floorplanning to be the fastest and production quality. Have tried it in a same level of design with macros of different size and shapes and does wonders.

Pay me 300k USD per year and I will tell you. This is the type of problem that the seniormost ASIC engineer of the group will tackle. Unless there is some regularity in the macros, you have to handplace them all. Automated solutions are awful.

I was about to say the same. :-D

Analyse the macro connectivity , macro to port connectivity, logical hierarchy and start placing manually. (Dont use tool to do manual placement, most of the time it wont be optimal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back