Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add digits multiplexed with this VUmeter project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAHKO

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Original thread:

Thank you for this project, i am trying to make something similar but with 2x12 segments who are multiplexed with 2x2 seven segments digits wich will be controlled by 3 inputs by 3 bit CMOS counter (000, 001, 010, 011 ... etc. 8 commands) wich digits will display words like tAPE, tUnE, USb, bASS, trEb ... etc. in 8 functions. My plans are to use ATMEGA8 or PIC16f886 or PIC16f887 but if i can fit everything in 886 or atmega it will be great.

I drawn schematic ->

FUTABA BJ415GK.png

from this VFD ->

IMG_20180412_172829.jpg

to represent the display functions in Proteus for easyer simulation.
i just need to remove 3 of the VU segments of your project to use those free pins and add separate multiplexing to 4 digits (2x2 seven segments as shown on schematic), this will use 3 digital inputs + 2 digital outputs more.

My target is to run this VFD display for my project 5.1 DIY home power amp but i am very beginer in programming and only know how to blink LED :oops:
I will not use bottom letters segments also "dash", "square" and "dot" (G1 and U4 Letters) and dB digits (B1 on schematic will be driven separate) as it will free 2 more pins from VFD so 19 out of 21 pins will be needed. if i use PIC16F886 it will be sufficient (i think) with its 24 IO pins (if remove potentiometer) or 25 IO if count RE3 wich is reset and can be used as another digital input pin (and leave potentiometer) so something like 15x4 multiplexing will be needed or simply turn off VU segments when displaying digits segments and read 3 bit - 8 functions code in addition.

For every other function of the amp (like electronic volume control and electronic equalizer, surround efects ... etc.) i used CMOS logic and analog multiplexers but for display is too much logic IC and space.

Please can you or someone help me to add digits multiplexed with this VUmeter project?
I will share some pictures and schematics when its ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back