Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know how to design Horn Antenna operating @ 100Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warcore98

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am having a difficulty in finding a reference about horn antenna operating at 100 Mhz. The existing design of horn antenna only focus on UHF and beyond UHF, I couldn't find a design of horn antenna operating at 100Mhz. If anyone of you know a good reference for designing horn antenna operating at 100Mhz, please share it. Thanks.

You should be able to scale up the dimensions of a UHF horn. One with any appreciable gain at 100MHz would be very large though!
I'm mentally scaling up horns I use at 10.5GHz and thinking >10m^2 aperture size.

Brian.

WHY do you want a waveguide horn?
Something like a helical coil antenna will be much smaller (due to the slow wave structure) and have high gain too.

I have a 2 GHz horn, and it is impressively large. Not sure just how large a 100 MHz one would be, but it would be ginormous.

I wonder how big and how efficient a 100 MHz dielectric filled horn would be? Maybe a horn filled with water? That should be about 9.3 times smaller than an air filled horn...you might end up with one only the size of a small desk

Hi biff44, do you know a reference I can use for the computation of the dimensions of horn antenna?

Hmmm,

What kind of horn, how much gain, any pattern requirements? Provide more information and you may get more useful responses. In general, as was pointed out above, a horn at 100 MHz is likely going to be physically large and may not even be practical.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back