Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430fr4133 simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

abenezer1

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to simulate msp430fr4133 in IAR

As mentioned above, with the use of software simulators you can run the code and you can fake values for peripheral's registers, but in general this is available only for assembly language. At least with the ISIS Proteus, there are certain peripherals that are supported by the simulation, so that this seems to be the most complete tool so far to run the code within the context of the circuit interacting with the simulated real world outside its pins.

is there a better simulator for msp430 devices than IAR
Regardless whether it is "better" or not (whatever you mean by that), it should be noted that only few C compilers are supported in this IDE for MSP430F family, and not for all devices, so you have to contact Labcenter to get more details.

Hello!

but in general this is available only for assembly language

I haven't tried for a while, but for MSP430, it works with C.
In fact, I don't know much about their simulator. I used it once, and then I noticed that if you want
interrupts, then you need a real hardware. NB: there might be tricks to fake interrupts, but anyway,
you cannot write a driver (for example LCD driver) in simulation, you cannot write a sensor driver
because you will never know if it really works, so I'm skeptical about simulation. Does anyone have
a real example where it could prove to be useful?

Dora.

there might be tricks to fake interrupts, but anyway,
you cannot write a driver (for example LCD driver) in simulation, you cannot write a sensor driver
because you will never know if it really works, so I'm skeptical about simulation. Does anyone have
a real example where it could prove to be useful?

In a wide variety of cases, the module models available at Proteus behave very close to the actual ones as for example for LCD, so you can gain development time while real-world hardware is not assembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.