Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lock-In detection by AD8333 and AD630 microchips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masoud_A

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Dear Electronics Friends,

I have a question about Lock-In detection:

I have a signal that contains harmonics of 10 kHz sine wave. This signal is the output of a photodetector and is firstly generated by a DDS chip and patched to optical beam. I want to put together an analog Lock-In amplifier to extract harmonics of this 10 kHz signal. What I am planning to do is generating harmonics of 10 kHz with similar DDS chips that are being clocked synchronously; then, I will take each of these signals into AD8333 I/Q demodulators to generate complementary signals and at the end I will mix the photodetector signal with each of these complementary signals via AD630 balanced mod./demod. to get the Fourier Series coefficients (a1,b1, ...., an,bn). Finally I will detect these (an,bn) pairs with an FPGA module and calculate the amplitude and phase of each harmonics.
Since I am a mechanical student and not adroit at electronics, I don't know whether this is the right way or not. My goal is to shrink down the system as much as possible while getting synchronous detection of the harmonics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.