Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of resistors, inductors, and capacitors to use for 2 GHz LNA design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatefast08

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was going to use 0402 SMD resistors, inductors, and capacitors, but I found on digikey that it has a self resonant frequency parameter filter (narrowing down components). Would the self resonant frequency matter? would I have to get an inductor that resonates between 2-3 GHz? What parameters would you look after when deciding which component to use?

Hi skatefast08,

The self-resonant frequency is the frequency above which the device no longer operates as you'd want it to. For example, a coil "inductor" may act as a capacitor, or vice-versa. Near this frequency, losses can increase exponentially.

You want to operate sufficiently far below this frequency; if you're designing for 2 GHz I'd suggest to choose one that has a self-resonance above 2.5 GHz.

Good Luck!

I was going to use 0402 SMD resistors, inductors, and capacitors, but I found on digikey that it has a self resonant frequency parameter filter (narrowing down components). Would the self resonant frequency matter? would I have to get an inductor that resonates between 2-3 GHz? What parameters would you look after when deciding which component to use?
Look at Murata's Coils and Capacitors.
Inductors LQP15N series
Capacitors GRM1555 series..
Both have high quality RF components.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back