Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SC Amplifier Final Settling Value Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashrafsazid

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a gain boosted OTA for SC amplifier operation applied it to a test bench of gain setting of 1. Where Cf=Ci, hence Closed Loop gain 1.

With such a configuration in the testbench. If I swing input DC from -vdd to +vdd, the output will sweep from -vdd to +vdd, as the CL gain is 1. Now, the OTA gain curve (Vout vs. Gain) for the desired Vout range can be checked by that Vin range from the parametric sweep of Vin.

I included here my gain curve

OTA_gain_curve_from_openloop_TB.PNG

The yellow curve is for vdd= 1.6V, where for Vin=1.2 (that means Vout= 1.2) the gain is around 75 dB, which is desired.

But if I see the transient behavior, For a diff input of 1 - I get 0.9987, this is okay. But, for diff input of 1.2, I do not get 1.2 rather 1.14 only. from the curve, it is clear that there is no settling time issue, But confused why it is not settling to final 1.2 volt. Can you please explain what could be the reason?
transient_wave.PNG

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.