Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extraction of RLGC file of T-line in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguntukbd

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have created stripline/microstrip transmission line in ADS using Controlled impedance line designer (CILD). Now I want to extract the RLGC equivalent parameter file of that created transmission line. I know in the CILD option there is given RLGC parameter for single point. As RLGC parameetrs are frequency dependent I need to extract the RLGC per unit length for the created line at different frequency step along my frequency range just like s-parameter file, so that i can use this for other lines in ADS or even in Virtuoso also. It would be nice if someone help me about this on how to do it. Is it possible to extract RLGC for different frequency point from schematic or from the CILD tool?

I have attached an example of RLGC file (you can unzip & open that with any text editor). I want to extract file like that. Any idea how to do that in ADS?

Attachments

• example.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 66

Hi aguntukbd,

You can do this is you have equivalent network parameters, e.g., scattering or transmission [ABCD] parameters. Which of these are easy for you to get?

Thanks, PlanarMetamaterials for your reply. scattering parameter is easy for me to extract.

Hi aguntukbd,

You can do this is you have equivalent network parameters, e.g., scattering or transmission [ABCD] parameters. Which of these are easy for you to get?

Perform an to [ABCD] conversion. If you have MATLAB, you can use the "s2rlgc" command. Otherwise, you can find the conversion formulae anywhere online.

Then, look up how to extract the propagation constant γ and characteristic impedance Zo:

A = cosh(γl), where l is the length of the TL; therefore, γ = acosh(A)/l.

B = sinh(γl)*Zo, C = (1/Zo)*sinh(γl); therefore, Zo = sqrt(B/C).

Then you can solve for Z = R + jωL and Y = G + jωC as:

Z = γ*Zo
Y = (1/Zo)*γ

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back