Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmission Gate Impedance Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreneil15

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any way that i could increase the impedance of my transmission gate so that i could transfer all the voltage on our load? Our load is 1kOhms.

I think you want to decrease the impedance rather. Connect transmission gates in paralel for it. Or if you want to really increase connect a resistor in series with it.

I had 1.3V dc, yet at the output of my transmission gate, with 1k load resistor, i can only get 0.1V across it.

When I tried to increase the aspect ratio of my transmission gate, i was able to get about 1.24 V across the 1kOhm load resistance.

Probably you cannot increase the Vgs of the transistors, and you don't have low-Vth devices. Use minimum length for the transistors, and connect a lot in paralel. That is the only way I think.

Instead of using dc-boost converter is there other way that i could increase the output voltage a 1.3 to 2V ?

I don't clock signal because I'm going to use it on an energy harvester.

increase the output voltage a 1.3 to 2V ?

Are you able to get 10-13 mA from your energy harvesting circuit ? Then you might convert 1V supply to 2V output at 1k ohm, using this two-transistor boost converter.

2-transis boost conv 1V to 2V 2mA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back