Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hd-sdi interface testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulr127

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
I need to test a design which has Xilinx SMPTE SDI Core which had HD-SDI interface..... It goes to rest of the components....

I am not conversant with it.

I have been asked to mimic that interface in my testbench and use the signals coming out of it as an input to test other components in the design.

I have not done that before. What does this mean and how do I mimic this interface and use it signals to test other components to the design to which it is connected to...

If anyone can tell me how do I do that please

Many thanks for your help

It means you're being asked to create an SDI signal over the interface as a behavioral model. This way you can test your blocks without using the Xilinx IP in the testbench.
I assume you know what the output of the Xilinx SDI core should look like?

I have not done that before. What does this mean and how do I mimic this interface and use it signals to test other components to the design to which it is connected to...
You're essentially asked to build a BFM - Behavioral Functional Model.
Think of it as if you were given a task to design the far end side of the SDI...
But with one major waver - you're not constricted to writing purely synthesize code. This will allow you to use language contracts that are un-synthesizable but are functionally correct.

Thanks very much. Can anyone help me with its Behavioural Functional Model please? Many thanks

Sure.
There 3 important steps:
1. Read the SDI specification and understand how it works.
2. Write the code.
3. Test the code.

Thanks for your reply.

I would appreciate if you can point me to some reference bus functional model (if not particularly this) one so that I can get some idea of making those.

Many thanks

Honestly. Not completely and carefully as yet( Just a glance yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back