+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 1

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Usage of HP and HR IO banks and their selection

Hi...

I wanna know a lot about HP and HR IO banks and there selection and there usage.their significance and their contstraints. In UG471 its not that clear.

with regards
    Mohammed Alauddin

•   Alt5th April 2018, 06:54

advertising

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    2717 / 2717
    Level

Re: Usage of HP and HR IO banks and their selection

Hi,

The document says:
    "The 7 series FPGAs offer both high-performance (HP) and high-range (HR) I/O banks. The
    HP I/O banks are designed to meet the performance requirements of high-speed memory
    and other chip-to-chip interfaces with voltages up to 1.8V. The HR I/O banks are designed
    to support a wider range of I/O standards with voltages up to 3.3V. Table 1-1 highlights
    the features supported in the HP and HR I/O banks. Refer to Table 1-1 for help when
    making initial decisions on I/O banks for a particular design's requirements. See the
    specific device family data sheet for details on the performance and other electrical
    requirements of the HP and HR I/O banks.
    The 7 series FPGAs contain different combinations of HR and HP I/O banks. The 7 Series
    FPGAs Overview documents the available number of each type of bank for all devices."

Did you read this?
    Did you go through table 1-1?
    Did you go through the device family datasheet?

What else information do you need?
    (It's better to ask one elaborated question than a couple of vague questions)

Klaus
    Please don´t contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. Thank you.

--[[ ]]--