Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Usage of HP and HR IO banks and their selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alauddin123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...

I wanna know a lot about HP and HR IO banks and there selection and there usage.their significance and their contstraints. In UG471 its not that clear.

with regards
Mohammed Alauddin

Hi,

The document says:
"The 7 series FPGAs offer both high-performance (HP) and high-range (HR) I/O banks. The
HP I/O banks are designed to meet the performance requirements of high-speed memory
and other chip-to-chip interfaces with voltages up to 1.8V. The HR I/O banks are designed
to support a wider range of I/O standards with voltages up to 3.3V. Table 1-1 highlights
the features supported in the HP and HR I/O banks. Refer to Table 1-1 for help when
making initial decisions on I/O banks for a particular design's requirements. See the
specific device family data sheet for details on the performance and other electrical
requirements of the HP and HR I/O banks.
The 7 series FPGAs contain different combinations of HR and HP I/O banks. The 7 Series
FPGAs Overview documents the available number of each type of bank for all devices."

Did you read this?
Did you go through table 1-1?
Did you go through the device family datasheet?

What else information do you need?
(It's better to ask one elaborated question than a couple of vague questions)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back