Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PIC Serial programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TheNightWhisper9

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dears my friends
I've built so many PIC16F84A serial programmer with and without external power supply but none of them where succeed and I don't know why.

I've used so many programmers like PICPgm Programmer,WinPic800 and icprog
at the end of programming process I get a verification error message except for PICPgm i get a message "PIC not detected" and here's the schematics I've built

JDM Programmer cct.gifjdm_-_external_power_1469.pngPIC JDM  programmer cct 2.pngPIC JDM  programmer cct 3.pngPIC JDM  programmer cct.pngPIC18F2550 COM port programmer.png

and here's the error message I've got

error messaage.png

so pls if any one having a SCHEMATIC OF WORKING SERIAL PROGRAMMER CCT FOR PIC16F84A PLS SHARE IT WITH ME

Regards

All those designs violate the required programming specification or rely on the current from the serial port being sufficient to power and program the PIC. To be honest, my advice is not to use a serial programmer at all, they are always unreliable and may work on one computer but not another. For the time and expense you have already spent, you could have bought a Pickit2 clone which would reliably program not only the 16F84A but almost every other kind of PIC and memory as well.

Brian.

All those designs violate the required programming specification or rely on the current from the serial port being sufficient to power and program the PIC. To be honest, my advice is not to use a serial programmer at all, they are always unreliable and may work on one computer but not another. For the time and expense you have already spent, you could have bought a Pickit2 clone which would reliably program not only the 16F84A but almost every other kind of PIC and memory as well.

Brian.

Thanks very much for the advice and this will be the last choice for me , cause i like to make every thing by my self as long as it's easy and could make it
many thanks

Why not build a Pickit2 yourself then.
The schematic and firmware are readily available. It uses a PIC18F2550 which you would have to program first. You then have a USB powered universal PIC programmer with debugging facilities and built in serial port.

Brian.

Try uJDM programmer

ddelectrotech . com/blog/make-a-simple-jdm-pic-programmer/

After, you consider to make a pickit clone!!!

See too ICSP from microchip the sequence in your schematics are wrong.

Thanks to betwixt
betwixt & nagkiller
and sorry for being late to reply i was busy with some work.

with respect to betwixt , the problem with building pickit programmer , is i don't have any programmer for programming PIC18F2550 ,it's too expensive in my country but if i have to i will think about it many thanks

with respect to nagkiller
thanks for your notification about the error in my circuit diagram,ad also for the link i will try to build it and i hope it's work ,may thanks

Is too long time without use this, my memory has failed...

But I remember that some hardware changes must be made to make the program work without displaying this error and download icprog driver for Windows NT/2000/XP... but in Windows 10 64Bit has a error of this driver.

Select Windows API in window Hardware Settings... and in some case change I/O delay to 20 or more... and obviously JDM Programmer in type of Programmer.

Select too in windows Misc... the options Enable Windows NT/XP Driver and Enable VCC control for JDM...

This hardware has worked for me for a long tima befora I buy a PICKIT 3.

h t t p s: / / www . 4shared . com/office/2woFZKpqei/PIC_Serial_Programmer_PIC16F84 .html?

View attachment PIC Serial Programmer PIC16F84.png

Thanks.

Last edited:

thanks nagkiller
unfortunate i tried the cct and set the options a you mentioned ,but i got the same error

Are you using the real serial port or some converter usb to serial???

I remember perfectly working with ICProg...It may be something we forget to do.

I'm sorry, I was not taking the time to reply!!!

Analyzing my own ujdm circuit previously posted, I encountered an error when I mounted and tested it (ICSP pins 4 and 5 inverted).

The pin sequence was wrong, compared to pickit3.

Below are the settings in ICPROG and schematic corrected:

gravador pickit icsp.png

The pickit pin sequence:

g4966.png

Now my configurations from ICPROG V1.06C running in Windows 10 64Bit:

Config1.png

Config2.png

I just tested with PIC12F629, and it worked perfectly!!!

Obs: LED glow only when a device is connected!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.