Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] S21 Parameters Momentum Simulation on ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndequeiroz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm starting with ADS Momentum, and now i'm doing some circuits just to see the results. I made a simple circuit and set the S21 parameters, but i get differents results of my schematic simulation and my momentum simulation.

Here is my Schematic

SchTest01.png

My Layout and substrate settings (uploaded from schematic):

LayoutTest01.png

Substrate.png

And my results:
ResultsTest01.png

Why i have so different results in these two cases?

There is a capacitor in your schematic view but that capacitor is not represented in Momentum layout.
You cannot use electronic components in Momentum simulation.You should simulate the layout only then you may add electronic components in schematic view with co-simulation test-bench.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a capacitor in your schematic view but that capacitor is not represented in Momentum layout.
You cannot use electronic components in Momentum simulation.You should simulate the layout only then you may add electronic components in schematic view with co-simulation test-bench.

- - - Updated - - -

So we use the momentum simulation to get a more accurate model?

So we use the momentum simulation to get a more accurate model?

Yes, if used correctly. But EM simulation has many details to consider - new users tend to make mistakes and then results can be less accurate.

~~

Your Momentum result includes the lines only, without the capacitor, so it MUST be different from the schematic simulation. In the ADS online help, search for "EM Circuit CoSimulation"

I think you tried to model the gap between TL1 and TL2 with a capacitor and expected similar results between schematic and layout. I guess C1's capacitance is much lower than you predicted maybe you should try different much lower capacitance value in the schematic and see if the results get closer to each other.

Yes, if used correctly. But EM simulation has many details to consider - new users tend to make mistakes and then results can be less accurate.

~~

Your Momentum result includes the lines only, without the capacitor, so it MUST be different from the schematic simulation. In the ADS online help, search for "EM Circuit CoSimulation"

I know that Momentum simulation uses the method of moments to solve the equations but which method the schematic part uses to solve the circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back