Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ta7673 chip information needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
VHF, but sometimes harmonics are used for UHF.
More information in the data sheet for the KA2981 which is Samsung's direct equivalent.

Brian.

VHF, but sometimes harmonics are used for UHF.
More information in the data sheet for the KA2981 which is Samsung's direct equivalent.

Brian.

wouldn't uhf harmonics affect the audio carrier shift?
I am trying to find the MC13074 (similar to MC1374 but for uhf), maybe you have any sources to try?

Bear in mind these are designed for video games or low quality VCR where cost is more important than performance. Harmonics are fine for the AM video and it is possible to generate a lower frequency sound subcarrier to allow for doubling or tripling the final frequency.

The real question is what do you need it for? They are almost useless for broadcasting because of their 'dirty' output unless you employ substantial filtering. If you need a stable UHF carrier it would be more sensible to generate baseband audio/video and up-mix it it with a PLL stabilized LO. I do that for 23cm (1.24 GHz) ATV links and the circuitry is fairly simple.

Brian.

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The real question is what do you need it for? They are almost useless for broadcasting because of their 'dirty' output unless you employ substantial filtering. If you need a stable UHF carrier it would be more sensible to generate baseband audio/video and up-mix it it with a PLL stabilized LO. I do that for 23cm (1.24 GHz) ATV links and the circuitry is fairly simple.

Brian.

How this can be done?
Have you got a circuit examaple to see?
video at baseband? That's new to me

Status
Not open for further replies.