Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feed-forward path in a conventional two stage amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMALEAO

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people,

I was reading something about a two-stage amplifier and at some point, they say the following:

"Due to feedforward path with no inversion from the first stage output to the op-amp output provided by the compensation capacitor at high frequencies, the op-amp performance shows the following (...)"

What I want to ask is what do they mean by due to feedforward path? What is this about this conventional two-stage amplifier? And what they mean by "with no inversion"? I don't understand. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

The compensation capacitor (Cc) is connected as a Miller capacitor between the output and the input of the 2nd stage. We use Cc for pole splitting, to improve stability.
This is not just a feedback from the output to the input of the 2nd stage, also the 1st stage has a feedforward path through Cc from the input to the output of the 2nd stage.
The feedforward path causes right half-plane zero in the open-loop transfer function, which is not good for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.