Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibrate CMOS simulation parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

smita1811

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have done simulation of a combinational circuit (3-input nand gate) in cmos technology. The purpose is to find out the power dissipation and delay in the circuit. The simulation is done in ngspice.

Now, I need to calibrate the simulation parameters in order to make sure whether simulation results match with the fabrication ones.

Please let me know how to perform the calibration?

-Smita

I have done simulation of a combinational circuit (3-input nand gate) in cmos technology. The purpose is to find out the power dissipation and delay in the circuit. The simulation is done in ngspice.

Now, I need to calibrate the simulation parameters in order to make sure whether simulation results match with the fabrication ones.

Please let me know how to perform the calibration?

-Smita

Foundries give you models for fast and slow corners. You don't 'calibrate', you just use them. You can use both slow and fast, or use some sort of monte carlo, and then figure out where the best, typical, and worst cases are for your circuit.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Are there any open source tool for performing monte carlo simulation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.