Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Added SMTP TLS/SSL and SRAM dumped in STM32F407xx, pin-to-pin upgrade suggest. crypto

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogulcan123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm using STM32F407VGT6 MCU with LQFP-100 package.

After I implemented the SMTP client application to my project, I started getting the errors below (the list is normally longer):

E4-v1-SW\E4-v1-SW.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching tcp.o(.data).
E4-v1-SW\E4-v1-SW.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching ip.o(.data).
E4-v1-SW\E4-v1-SW.axf: Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0x4ab8 bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

So, I think it's time for me to upgrade my MCU to a higher SRAM, doing so, I'd rather choose an MCU of fully pin-to-pin compatible with STM32F407xx. Right now, I'm considering STM32F439xx.

However, I cannot be sure if such an upgrade will be sufficient enough. I don't know whether my new library support of SMTP (Cyclone TCP) uses HW crypto for RNG(random number generator) or such to save from SRAM and CPU cycles. If it does, I will be more confident that the upgrade will be sufficient.

Any ideas and tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ogulcan

Status
Not open for further replies.