Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB X C16 Compiler is "Not Found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansh11

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!

I am very new to MPLAB compilers I just downloaded x16 compiler on my computer. I followed this link **broken link removed** I have pic16f777a but when I go to create a new project in MPLAB, and I have to select a compiler to use.... But I don't find compiler on my desktop.

I have searched through Google, the forums here, and other relevant places. Please help me

Are you using MPLAB (now obsolete) or MPLABX ?

The compilers are normally found in the MPLAB(x) configuration window and called from the IDE but you can also use them 'stand alone' from the command line.
PIC16F compilers use the XC8 compiler, not C16 or XC16 so you might be looking for the wrong compiler anyway!

I have never heard of 'pic16f777a' do you mean 16F877A ?

Brian.

Reactions: ansh11

ansh11

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
XC16 compiler supports all 16-bit PIC microcontrollers, but you are using PIC16F877A it's a 8 bit PIC MCU, so as betwixt said XC8 compiler will support your MCU. And MPLAB X IDE consists XC8 so what IDE are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.