Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending ECG signal through Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraj555

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know if it's possible to send ECG signal through bluetooth. There is need for ADC in this case but my question is the following:
Do I need to use analog filters (low pass and notch filters) and amplification before connecting the signal to ADC? Or is it possible that I use only differntial amplifier after the electrodes and then interface it with ADC? The signal in this case will be sent to a digital filters and display it on PC.

This is two totally different questions.

First, 'can you send ECG signal through Bluetooth?' Of course you can. You can send any digital data you want over Bluetooth.

Now, for the hard question. ECG signals are on the order millivolts, so of course you're going to have to have an amplifier. The other problem is that the frequency range of ECGs is around 0 to 150 Hz. Unfortunately, AC line frequency is right in the middle of this range, so you may need some notch filtering, but you don't want to filter out important signals. I suggest you do a google search of "ECG signal interfacing". There's plenty of information out there.

Hi,

I agree with Barry.
I want to add: In almost any case you should use an analog filter in front of the ADC.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back