Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer 17 cannot find installed libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamengine

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Altium Designer 17.1.6
After compiling the libraries and creating an integrated library I wanted to install it in order to be accessible and usable for all projects. I set correctly all necessary paths and installed the library but the product doesn't find it. Although in "Libraries/Installed" it exists with its correct name and path and set to active, the library window is empty.
If I move or copy the integrated library (*.intlib) to a new folder and install it again, the library with all components appears in its window and becomes available, BUT when I recompile libraries the updated *.intlib is in its original location, not where Altium could find it. Moving the whole library project (*.libpkg) with all libraries to the new location solves the problem, but doing so would cause another problem - breaking connection with SVN system.
The problem appeared about an year ago with Altium 15 just after one of the numerous Windows updates. I believed moving to Altium 17 would overcome the issue but nothing happened.

I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back