Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between the PWM switch model in voltage and current mode control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarikelec

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,
Since I am trying to derive the transfert function of DC-DC boost converter in current mode control, I have went through books that describe how to get it but seems non clear for me, so please look at my quesions as following:
1-I have seen that from the book of Pr. Christophe Basso, Pr. Robert W. Erickson and Dr. Dragon Maksimovic that there are different model for PWM switch when it comes using them in Voltage mode control and current mode control . is there a difference between them if I want to derive the transfer function of error to output(Vout(s)/Verr(s)) or I can use the voltage mode PWM switch model and adapted it the current mode?
2- in the research paper of Pr.Vatche Vorperian, does his PWM switch model usable in the voltage mode as well as the current mode?
3-you can see in the pictures uploaded of the book of christophe basso which equations I want to arrive by deriving from the scratch, please help me by any means of links or more detailed books so I can start currentmode_dcm.PNGcurrentmode_ccm.PNG
best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.